Well, today I am FINALLY back in the saddle to do a new recipe and maybe later this week, a hair how to! This recipe is for homemade Minestrone soup! This one really brings out the Italian in me from my Mother's SIDE! I just LOVE making Italian dishes!
It is the first time I have made something really homemade in weeks!
I feel as though it has been FOREVER since I have blogged a decent blog! I'll tell ya though, it has been a whirlwind of a few weeks! In the last three weeks, we have:
- Sold our home
2. Started the stages of building our new one! So super excited about that!
3. Keeping up with my regular store, sales have been going well! Sales are up!
4. Started the beginning stages of opening my new wedding shop!
5. Throwing a Tianna birthday party for my little 7 year old!
Can't believe How big she is!!!
I Had TONS of fun making her birthday cake! SO easy! Just made the flower out of 7 of the cupcakes and then frosted over them and piped on the details. :) Then I used fancy cupcake cups for the ones around the flower and piped little flowers and leaves onto those. Popped a Tianna candle on top and VIOLA!
6. had our family and my niece staying with us! So much fun!
SO it has been so busy and SO fun here! I have had lots of fun, but am kind of glad to see things calm down a little.
Now for my first recipe in a while. It's good one. And just so happens it is Vegetarian, Vegan and GLUTEN FREE! :) Enjoy!
(NOTE: if you have a food processor, it works best to use it to MINCE some of the veggies. If not, a fine grater works well also!)
Prep your ingredients:
- 4 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 C MINCED White Onion
- 1 C CHOPPED Zucchini
- 1 C CUT Fresh Italian Green Beans
- 1/2 C MINCED Celery
- 4 Tsp MINCED Garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 4 C Vegetable Broth (I use Swanson's brand)
- 1 15oz can Red Kidney Beans (DRAINED)
- 1 15oz can Great Northern Beans (DRAINED)
- 1 14 oz can DICED Tomatoes (DRAINED)
- 1/2 a SMALL can tomato paste (Optional or to taste)
- 1/2 C Julienned Carrots ( I like to use baby carrots)
- 2 Tbs MINCED Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tsp MINCED Fresh Basil (about 3 large leaves)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 3 C HOT Water
- 4 C Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 C Small Pasta Shells (these can substituted for GLUTEN FREE!)
- 1 can Tomato Paste
Ok to start, You will want to chop, julienne, mince, drain and measure out ALL your ingredients. Things have to be added rather quickly in the beginning, so you don't want to find yourself stressing because you don't have things prepared!
After you have prepared all ingredients.
- Heat Olive Oil over Med/Hi heat in LARGE soup pot.
- Saute Onion, Celery, Garlic, Green Beans, and Zucchini in the (already heated) oil for 5 mins. (or until onions begin to turn translucent.)
- Add Vegetable Broth and HOT water to pot, plus DRAINED tomatoes and beans, 1/2 can of tomato paste, carrots, fresh and dried spices.
- Bring soup to a boil on HIGH, then reduce heat to MED and let simmer for 20 mins.
- Add Spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 20 mins or until desired consistency.
- Garnish with fresh Mozzarella or Vegan cheese (If desired.)
Serves about 8 1 1/2 C servings. Also freezes WELL!!! Make it now and have fresh soup any time!
Hope you enjoyed this soup! I know it's hot outside for soup, but sometimes I like to sit inside with AC blasting and pretend it's not so hot outside! haha! ENJOY and thanks so much for reading!